Important Things We Didn’t Learn at School
There are several important things we didn’t learn at school that I wish I was able to. These are things that I personally didn’t learn at school (in class).
* How to accept and embrace yourself….I think school made me feel more insecure about myself instead of accepting the way I am. I would judge my looks, my grades, my personality against other people and it caused me to feel unhappy with myself.
* How to appreciate life and others….Sure we learnt to appreciate people but I think many of us (myself I know) were more selfish at school. I didn’t always appreciate my parents and other people around me. Or appreciate that I am so blessed.
* How it feels better to give than receive….The joy on someone’s face when you give them something they’ve weren’t expecting is simply wonderful.
* How to see the beauty with the little things. I think we have a tendency to forget the little things. Such as the beauty of the sunrise, the feel of cool water at the beach on a hot day, the smell of a new book, the soft glow of fairy lights.
* How to capture precious moments. Life goes by so fast and I wish I captured more of the moments I experienced at school. Sometimes I wish I could go back and write about it.
* To see beyond the outside appearance of a person. I think we would judge a person’s outside appearance a lot quicker before we truly get to know them. There are so many people with such a wonderful personality but we miss out on getting to know them because we judge how they look on the outside.
* To value a good friendship. We don’t always value our friendships and sometimes it’s the tough times that we realise how important these friendships are. We need to value them through the good and bad.
In the end, I didn’t learn these important things at school but I learnt these through my experiences in life (through school life and now). And for that I am grateful for the good things, the mistakes they all helped me to grow as a person and taught me to appreciate my life.
Thanks for letting me share lovelies =)
**** Thanks Sara and everyone from Diamonds in the Rough.